Tuesday 17 May 2011

Logo Development


This is the spiral shape that i am going to incorporate into my logo. The shape represents the structure of the ammonite fossil, connecting the symbol to the name of the brand.



I have chosen to use a sans serif typeface called Steiner. This is because i want my logo to have a modern and sleek look. This is a drastic change from the previous serif typeface used on their current logo, but if they are wanting to gain a new target audience risks like these need to be made. After all this is the 21st century and archaeology isn't the most exciting of hobbies. I have also been experimenting with where to position the spiral in my logo design and what weight to have it.



Stages of development on the spiral


I have been experimenting with the different ways in which i can use the spiral. Some of which have been inverted or filled in with full block colour. 




The symbol used above is the one i wish to take forward into further development, whether this be in black or colour.







Even though i am happy with the blocked coloured spiral, I thought i'd go back to the beginning and try using the fluent shape of the spiral pattern once again. This time i gave it a stroke line that was grungy and less sleek. This i thought was appealing but after feed back from my fellow course mates some said it reminded them to much of a clothing brand. Further development it is then!

No comments:

Post a Comment